Ascension and Spiritual Awakening Symptoms
Now, before we get into a discussion of ascension symptoms , we need to make an important distinction. We need to distinguish between "awakening" (and awakening symptoms) and "ascension" (and ascension symptoms). Writers who write about "ascension symptoms" almost always get these two things confused telling you all about ascension symptoms when they are really talking about awakening symptoms. It's not their failure. In truth, it is hard to distinguish ascension from awakening. The problem is, the two always occur together. These days, when you begin the process of awakening, you also begin the process of ascension. Conversely, when you begin the process of ascension, you also start to wake up. The two go hand in hand; but, they are different. So what's the difference? Well, thankfully it is not rocket science. Spiritual awakening is essentially about returning your body to the full consciousness of your full spiritual light. When you awaken, your mind expands (think of it like a balloon expanding with light) to allow more of your higher consciousness in. You can also think of it via my Water Glass Metaphor. If you think of your body as an empty vessel (i.e. a water glass), and your consciousness as water in a jug, then awakening is filling up your body (i.e. your water glass) with your own conscious self (i.e. the water from the jug). Now, although the idea of awakening is easy to conceive, the process of awakening can be difficult. For reasons I outline elsewhere, awaking is often a challenging process. When you awaken, your body and mind clear emotions, clear karma, walks through fears, and generally shucks of a few thousand years of negative experience and programming. It's this clearing process that provides the symptomontology of awakening and it's this clearing process that most writers confuse for ascension.
So what are the symptoms of this awakening/clearing process?
Well, in the early stages of awakening you will probably experience one or more of the following symptoms which you may or may not understand.
1. intense emotional responses like sadness or anger. This occurs as you begin to touch buried systems with highly charged emotional content. You may be aware of the root of the emotions, or not. If not you should endeavor to bring to the surface whatever it is that is causing your emotional response.
2. spontaneous chakra activations. Vibrations and thrumming in the locations of your chakras. This is generally a good sign and shows that you have made significant progress in clearing chakra blockages. If you are intereted I talk a lot about chakras, chakra blockages, and how the whole clearing thing works in my book Dossier of the Ascension: A Practical Guide to Chakra Activationa and Kundalini Awakening.
3. weird thoughts and visions and the feeling that you might be going crazy. This happens as your brain "lights up" under the influence of it's higher consciousness. It's like blowing oxygen onto a candle flame. It flares up, sputters, and burns brighter. This is a good thing if your thoughts are controlled and you can avoid dwelling on fear and negativity, but it's a bad thing if you find yourself caught up in negative thought patterns. Watch out! You don't want to stick with those negative thought patterns. Negative thought patterns have a tendency of turning your awakening process sour.
4. psychological disorientation caused by difficulty processing all the additional information you get from enhanced consciousness and awareness of the world. Sometimes spiritual awakening is accompanied by rapid information flow. It's like somebody suddenly turned a fire hose on in your brain. Once again this is an issue of control. This is not something you want to continue. It is important to get control of your thinking processes.
Once you're past the early stages of awakening (which can take as long as a few months or as little as a few minutes) depending on:
a) your response to issues and blockages and
b) your ability to control your awakening mind, then a longer period of integration begins. When this occurs, your awakening symptoms will change. During this intermediate period you may experience one or more of the following "symptoms."
1. increased awareness of "the problems" in the world. As you awaken you are going to notice more of what's wrong around you. This may be in your personal life, your social life, even your national life. When you do start to notice it, you may initially feel like you are a bit crazy since you'll find that the people around you either a) don't notice or, if they do notice b) pretend not to notice. Just remember these words. The more awake and aware you are, the more safe and grounded you are. Don't plug yourself back into the matrix just because everybody else around you is still stuck.
2. increased desire to "know" WTF is going on (in Iran, in America, on Mars, with the weather, with other peoples' friends, etc). This is related to the increased awareness noted above. This increased desire to know WTF arises as you start to realize that, despite what the smiling new age granola eaters want to tell you, something is horribly wrong on this planet. Pedophilia, child starvation, war, disease, global poverty, and an ecological crises that gets closer to disaster everyday. You're going to start to see this and you're going to want to know WTF. Be careful here, there's a lot of paranoid "news" sites designed specifically to trap you at this stage with sensationalized and fear based accounts of this world. Avoid those sites like the plague that they are, at least until you are certain that you are able to stay level headed and grounded in the paranoid energies that are invoked by those places.
3. increased impatience with the "stuckness" of the people around you. You'll be frustrated by the fact that people around you don't seem interested in doing anything other than what they've always done in the past. This "status quo" existence will look silly and feel unsatisfying to you, especially as you become aware of the true nature of this world.
4. increased ability to perceive deeper levels of reality. This is as you become adept at using the higher faculties opened up by proper chakra activation. You have to be careful here because this increased ability to perceive "deep reality" can cause some fear. You may start finding "meaning" in a lot of things in your life (like the orientation of books on your book shelf, or the shirts some other people are wearing) that normally wouldn't have any significance at all. It is find to find meaning in the details of life, but recognize that sometimes it's just a coincidence and there is no meaning at all. This is something you will have to get control over otherwise fear and paranoia may result.
5. gradual elimination of the "ostrich" phenomenon (i.e., decreased tolerance for wrongs perpetrated against yourself or others). The farther you progress in your awakening process, the less you are going to be able to sit around doing nothing. The more awake you are, the more pressure you are going to feel to do something about it. If you want my advice, don't ignore that feeling. Find a way to get active in creating positive change in your life, your community, your country.
I would also expect to see (as the intermediate stages progress)
- gentle changes in diet. A slow move away from high caloric intakes and meat-based diets to a greater reliance on fruit, vegetables, etc.
- increased sensitivity to toxins (emotional, psychic, physical, etc.) in your environment
- increased sensitivity to clutter and disorganization
Of course, your particular symptomatology of awakening may be slightly different. However, if you keep in mind that this awakening process is really about an expansion of consciousness and awareness, you should be able to fit your idiosyncratic constellation of symptoms in place.
I should let you know that the awakening process (what I like to call The Great Awakening) can be halted at any time, usually as the result of disorientation, fear, and/or lack of understanding. That is, if you get scared or freaked, you'll tend to stop the water flowing into the glass. If you do feel fear, you may want to come back and read this page again (just enter "Michael Sharp" in Google to find me again). Believe me, you have nothing to fear as you wake up. The problems will arise if you stay sleeping. Awakening can also be accelerated through intent. Simply say "I wish to awaken as fast as possible" and your process will accelerate. You can also ask for help with the process by simply asking your guides, the universe, or God for assistance. If you do require additional assistance, I recommend you spend some time browsing this website (start at the beginning). The entire corpus of writing here is dedicated to assisting you with both the ascension and the awakening process. And that's a quick overview of spiritual awakening. There's a lot more to be said, but the above commentary should at least orient you in the right direction.
So, what about ascension? What are the ascension symptoms that we are so concerned about?
Well, ascension symptoms, or should I say "ascension symptom" because there is really only one ascension symptom, is a bit more subtle and hard to identify than awakening symptoms.The only ascension symptom there is revolves around your ability to "manifest" in the world. It comes down to this. As this planet ascends, your ability to manifest in the world becomes more powerful and pronounced. You are the creator of your world. That is, there is a direct correspondence between what is in your consciousness and what you find in your lived world. I like to express this basic spiritual truth with the following pithy aphorism.
As above in consciousness, So below in matter
Now, up until recently, as I explain in The Book of Life and Dossier of the Ascension, we have all been cut off from our full spiritual power. The bottom line is, we haven't been "manifesting" (a.k.a. creating) at full efficiency. So, "things" happened in our life at a relatively slow pace. However now, as the planet ascends (and as you ascend along with it), that is changing. With ascension comes a more direct influence over the physical world. You are becoming more powerful and as that happens, "things" are starting to occur at an accelerated pace around you? What kind of things? Well, that really depends on the state of your consciousness, which is (as I explain in my Book of Light) the source of everything around you. If your consciousness is all mucked up with fears, you'll find those fears manifesting around you faster and faster. If you're consciousness is all dark and confused, you'll find the world becoming more confusing all the time. If you're consciousness is full of hatred and spite, you'll find yourself hurting others more often and with greater force. Yuck, and although it sounds like a lot of different ascension symptoms, it really just boils down to your enhanced ability to manifest. You'll see this in your life. Even now you will notice that "stuff" is happening more and more around you, to you, and to others in your life. Scary thought. And this is just the beginning. As the ascension proceeds, as "the shift" happens, manifestation will continue to accelerate. Very soon, within a decade or so, creating on this world will be like using a hot carving knife to slice through butter. It won't take much effort at all and you'll be stuck with whatever consequences your careless use of the knife has wrought. Thus, as you see, the ascension symptom is basically evidence of our collective increase in power. You'll become aware of it as either a perceived acceleration of time, or as the result of a growing chaos in your life or the life of those around you. If you see that, you'll know ascension is occurring.
Now there is a couple of things that I should say before closing this article. First of all, and this is most important, you don't have to do anything to ascend. Ascension is not a personal thing. Ascension is not a moral thing. Ascension is not a question of your personal worthiness (or karma, or whatever). The bottom line is, ascension is not something that happens to the individual. Ascension is something that happens to the world and you are going to get taken along for the ride whether you like it or not. Second thing, as you begin the involuntary ascension process, you really need to get control of your consciousness and this involves not only purging any negative emotions, fear, or heavy heart blackness that you might be carrying around deep inside you (because you really don't want that stuff exploding in your face), but you've also got to clear away any erroneous notions you have about life, the universe, and everything (because you don't want erroneous and damaging notions corrupting the manifestation of your world). I mean, if you believe God is vengeful and judgmental, or that your government is out to get you under ascending energetic conditions, you just might manifest the conditions in heavily salient ways. And if you ask me, you really want to avoid that. With a few million people thinking the same way, it could get very ugly indeed. So my advice to you? Well, you will find that navigating The Ascension is easier if you also go through the awakening process. It might seem all mysterious and magical to you now, but once you remember who you are (i.e., once you awaken from your 30,000 year sleep), it will all make perfect sense to you. You have my word. So, if you're feeling an "ascension symptom" or any of the multiple symptoms of awakening, take a deep breath, clear your mind, and step onto The Lightning Path of spiritual awakening. It is a short hop, skip, and jump from the increasing agitation and uneasiness you may be experiencing as part of your early stages of awakening and your dramatically increasing power over the world, to the peace of mind and profound empowerment that comes from knowing...
who you are
where you come from
what you're doing on this planet
where we're all going to next.
Article kindly supplied by Michael Sharp. You can find the original here.
Subscribe to Ultimate Wealth Tips
[ ?] Subscribe To
"As above in consciousness, So below in matter"
"Feeling unworthy is like putting a huge obstacle into the God force, into the life force which is everywhere."
"The message is clear. It is not what is happening 'out there.' It is what is happening between your ears. It's your attitude that counts."
"At one time I was so much involved in the religious bullshit that I used to go around calling myself a Christian Communist, but as Janov says, religion is legalised madness."