How Kids Make Money
How kids make money should be a lesson in life for the rest of us. When kids make money in creative ways, this should be encouraged and praised.
The way kids make money and the support they receive will have a direct relationship with how well they adapt to adult life or indeed what they add to society in future years with respect to services and products.
How kids make money is free from the conditioned negative responses that adults have ie. I can't do that because.... Kids have this creative and positive quality which should be encouraged. You should never invalidate or ridicule a childs' best effort at making money but rather encourage and make some positive suggestions to improve their business or money making idea.
By starting early, with their parents support, kids learn very important lessons in life which are either positive or negative. It is important that the positives are always dwelt upon and the accompanying inspiration and creativity encouraged and not negated by 'well meaning parents' who want their kids to be 'realistic.'
I have listed some common activities relating to how kids make money. Please note this is not an exhaustive list. Please also note that for safety reasons you should always know where your kids are. They should not be going door to door on there own.
How Kids Make Money
- Car Washing - I have had this done myself. Once your child has washed a few cars he or she could grow the business by handing out a simple flyer explaining the service.
- Gardening - Simple tasks such as mowing or tidying up a garden are tasks much sought after by people.
- House Cleaning - there are many chores people would rather someone else did for them. Cleaning is one of those.
- Babysitting - I once had a babysitter who got her friends involved too and provided an excellent service for a very reasonable cost to the whole community.
- Dog walker - Dogs need walked and looked after while the owner is busy doing other things
- Pet Carer - Pets need looked after while owners are away on holiday
- Buying and selling used items eg. bikes,electronic games
- Selling refreshments at various events eg cold drinks at your school sports day
- Teaching - many kids struggle at school. An hour or so helping a younger child would not only be a wonderful thing to do but could earn you some money from a happy parent or teacher
- Delivering newspapers, magazines or leaflets
Please note that all the above ideas could be grown into a business by simply sending out a few flyers and eventually with the use of your own website.
He became a millionaire by the time he was 25.
It's only in the last few years that I thought about this kid and realised that he had a dream and followed it up with action inspite of society, parents and friends telling him differently. He had goals, his goals, and he followed them inspite of everybody else. I never respected this kid much because he didn't fit in with the rest of us. I can't remember his name but I will always remember him. I respect him now.
How kids make money might be the start of a dream for them. Encourage them. Don't let your own negative programming hold them back. They will receive enough negativity in the course of their lives without adding your own. We could all learn from our kids.
Subscribe to Ultimate Wealth Tips
[ ?] Subscribe To
"If you want your children to improve, let them overhear the nice things you say about them to others."Dr. Haim Ginott
"The finest inheritance you can give to a child is to allow it to make its own way, completely on its own feet"
"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."
"What we desire our children to become, we must endeavor to be before them"